In this wide ranging conversation Jess and I discuss:
- What it means to be Head of educational services for Learnfully and how her work impacts and oversees all of the organization’s delivery for families and learners.
- What exactly executive functioning is and how it is the gateway for basically everything that happens in your brain and the three “buckets” these functions fall into.
- We also have a very detailed conversation – with clear examples – of the 8 component subskills underneath those three major buckets, and why all of us (yes, even if you think you’re entirely “normal”) deal with issues related to executive functioning in one way or another.
- Why neuroplasticity is “alive and well” and is so important and how our brains shift, mold and strengthen synaptic connections so we can continue to adapt to the world. (And how you can consciously re-train yourself and your brain for new situations).
- Why we really need to accept that “the goalposts are always changing” in life and learning to enjoy the journey through adapting results in the most fulfillment and satisfaction.
- We end with Jess’s recommendation for using sensory language with the instructions for your learners and how it can help them to understand how they learn.