While many academic institutions globally had digital transformation as part of their agenda, COVID-19 accelerated the change to digitization at an unprecedented rate.
Globally, developed countries had been more advanced in the adoption of digital tools prior to the pandemic, but gaps in digitization have become evident across education institutions large and small, with no signs of reverting after the pandemic.
Exploring digital transformation in education by the numbers will help uncover the upcoming trends for years to come.
9 Ways Education Is Digitally Transforming
Want a copy of this infographic? Download it as a PDF
1. United Nations (Aug 2020). ‘Policy Brief: Education during COVID-19 and beyond’. Available online.
2. Garrett, R., Legon, R., et al. (Jul 2020). ‘CHLOE 5: The Pivot to Remote Teaching in Spring 2020 and Its Impact, The Changing Landscape of Online Education’. Quality Matters. Available online.
3. Grajek, S. (Apr 2020). ‘EDUCAUSE COVID-19 QuickPoll Results: Grading and Proctoring’. Educause Review. Available online.
4. Shah, D. (Apr 2020). ‘By the Numbers: MOOCs During the Pandemic’. The Report by Class Central. Available online.
5. Garrett, R., Legon, R., et al. (Jul 2020). ‘CHLOE 5: The Pivot to Remote Teaching in Spring 2020 and Its Impact, The Changing Landscape of Online Education’. Quality Matters. Available online.
6. Holon IQ (Aug 2020). ‘Global EdTech Market to reach $404B by 2025 – 16.3% CAGR’. Available online.
7. MarketsandMarkets (Mar 2019). ‘Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education Market’. Available online.
8. Global Industry Analysts, Inc. (Jul 2020). ‘Mobile Learning – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics’. Available online.